- Configuring events.
- Creating tags, triggers, and variables.
- How to implement tags on your website.
- Installing Google Tag Manager.
- Integrating Google Analytics.
- Making changes and pushing them live.
- Measuring your website’s performance.
- The benefits and limitations of GTM.
- Tracking transactions.
- Understanding the user interface.
Want to learn about a Google Tag Manager topic not covered above? Our Allies can help you create a training programme specific to you.
Our training will help you further understand what GTM can be used for. We can walk you through the process of installing the code on your website, making changes to it, and pushing it live. We design all of our training to be hands-on, so that when you feel confident setting up and configuring your own tags after you leave.
The Digital Allies team have been working on client accounts for years and are experienced practitioners as well as great trainers. We use up to date academic sources to ensure our materials are as accurate as possible, and we provide plenty of case studies based on our own experience of using Google Tag Manager.
The bespoke training timeline
- One of our experienced Digital Allies will contact you to discuss your requirements. At this meeting, we identify your skills gaps and what you want to learn.
- The next stage is for us to create a draft proposal for what we can offer. This will include information on pricing, times, and a suggested overview of your bespoke training programme. We shape this based on your thoughts and, if needed, will put forward an updated proposal.
- Once we have established the formalities, we ask all attendees to complete a pre-training self-assessment form. This lets us tailor the content of your specific session to make sure that everyone can take something away.
- After training, we gather feedback from your group on how you feel the training has helped. We can also develop action plans for each person so that they feel confident putting their new skills into practice.
- We will then schedule a follow-up session or phone call to discuss your progress and answer any follow-up questions you might have.