- Ad extensions and how they can help.
- Creating ad copy that converts.
- Getting your ads shown.
- How to create an Ads campaign.
- Keyword research.
- Measuring Ads outcomes.
- Optimising your ads.
- PPC vs SEO.
- Quality score and how to improve it.
- The benefits of remarketing
Want to learn about a Google Ads topic not covered above? Our Allies can create a training programme specific to you.
A well-structured Google Ads campaign can yield significant results. Our training is designed to help your team understand how to choose the most appropriate keywords using a range of different tools, and then take them through the entire process so that the end result is a live campaign.
We can also work with more experienced attendees to make them think about using Ads in different ways and understand some of the more under-used extensions and techniques.
Our training will help you justify Google Ads to others in the business by exploring case studies of companies who have seen tangible results. Businesses are often reluctant to push too much money towards online ads, but we will demonstrate how they’re often the most effective way to promote a business.
As part of your workshop, we look at the type of ad copy that successfully converts customers. We also delve into the metrics available to track how your ads are performing.
The bespoke training timeline
- One of our experienced Digital Allies will contact you to discuss your requirements. At this meeting, we identify your skills gaps and what you want to learn.
- The next stage is for us to create a draft proposal for what we can offer. This will include information on pricing, times, and a suggested overview of your bespoke training programme. We shape this based on your thoughts and, if needed, will put forward an updated proposal.
- Once we have established the formalities, we ask all attendees to complete a pre-training self-assessment form. This lets us tailor the content of your specific session to make sure that everyone can take something away.
- After training, we gather feedback from your group on how you feel the training has helped. We can also develop action plans for each person so that they feel confident putting their new skills into practice.
- We will then schedule a follow-up session or phone call to discuss your progress and answer any follow-up questions you might have.