Digital Allies is a digital business with an emphasis on people. Our mission is to help business owners and senior managers make better informed digital decisions. We do this by providing them with pragmatic advice based on what’s best for them.
We have delivered complex website development projects for well-known established organisations in higher education, hospitality, e-commerce, law and the public sector.
Demand for our services has steadily grown and we are creating this role out of a need to expand our capacity and build a top-class development team. The company is growing rapidly and you can anticipate more responsibility and the opportunity to build on your skills considerably over time.
About the role
This role would suit a mid-range developer from a digital agency environment or in-house team environment who is looking for that next step in order to progress their career.
Reporting directly to our Lead Developer this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual looking to build something very special in the world of website development. You will work across a range of projects, spanning both website design and development.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Around 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Will be comfortable working as a team and individually on web projects, using PHP, HTML, SASS and JS.
- Will have experience of October CMS, Laravel and WordPress.
- Is not afraid of speaking to clients to understand requirements and does not shy away from challenging work.
- Is enthusiastic, motivated, and is keen to become a helpful part of a busy growing team.
- Understands how to use GIT as part of a team (we use bitbucket!)
- Keeps up to date in the industry and has a genuine interest in what they do.
- Is not afraid to get stuck in and takes pride in the work they complete.
You should be resourceful, detail-oriented, organised and must possess strong interpersonal skills, be positive and energetic.
- Be able to prioritise workloads and schedules based around complexity
- Ensure work is delivered to our meticulous standards and to client expectations
- Be fully conversant with website design and development.
We work with leading brands whose projects you will be directly responsible for. This role, and our working environment, would suit someone who has a passion for doing the right thing for our clients.
You must possess the following personal characteristics;
- Caring nature
- Insatiable curiosity
- Personal energy
- Patience and tolerance
What we offer:
- The usual trappings such as competitive salary, holidays, as much strong coffee as your veins can handle etc. but we offer more….
- The opportunity to be involved in a well-funded professional business and to directly influence our continued future growth and success.
- We know that it is not all about work, which is why we are willing to offer half a day per month out of the office for you to do something you care about. This could be voluntary work, care work but must be giving back to society in an unpaid capacity.
- Flexible working – the usual working day starts around 9am and finishes around 5pm, but it is nice sometimes not to worry about the commute or the appointment you need to leave slightly early for. We are prepared to let you work the hours that suit you best – within reason – and based upon achieving your KPIs.
- Remote working – sure we have a fantastic office where you will be based day-to-day, but that’s not to say you must be there day-in-day-out. It is nice to have a change in environment occasionally. Should you wish, you can work from home some of the time too!
- Innovation days – once a quarter we will take one day away from the hustle and bustle of the office in an inspiring environment to improve our working practices. This is where you can directly impact and change the way you work.
This is a great role for the right person so if this sounds like you, then please get in touch immediately.