Lead Web Developer (PHP)
Could you be our next recruit?
Digital Allies is a digital business with the emphasis on people. Our mission is to help business owners and senior managers make better informed digital decisions. We do this by providing them with pragmatic advice based on what’s best for the organisation instructing us.
We have delivered complex website development projects for well-known established organisations in Higher Education, Hospitality, ECommerce, Law and Public Sector.
Demand has been fantastic and we are creating this role out of a need to expand our capacity and build a top class development team.
The company is growing rapidly and you can anticipate more responsibility and the opportunity to build on your skills considerably.
Because of our continued success, we are looking for a web development professional who can maintain the high services levels we provide to our clients, ensuring deadlines are met on-time, within budget and to the exacting standards our clients have become accustomed to.
This position offers direct client relationship responsibilities along with hands-on development, offering a perfect step-up for a proven experienced developer looking to broaden their skills.
The ideal candidate for this role;
- Has at least 5 years’ experience in the industry and has led a team
- Someone who loves to code and has a genuine interest in the industry.
- They have a broad knowledge of development across multiple front end and backend languages and can work on multiple platforms.
- They don’t just code for a salary and enjoy keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
- They take great satisfaction in completing projects and helping clients.
- They know how to speak to clients to understand and interpret requirements and doesn’t shy away from challenging work.
- They are enthusiastic, motivated and are keen to become an integral part of a busy growing team.
What we need from you;
- Writing well designed, understandable, efficient code by using best development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Help scope prospective projects with the Managing Director
- Create and maintain documentation on development work
- Keep clients up to date with the progress of the projects and get feedback on projects directly.
- Use your knowledge of creating great websites to turn style guides and concepts into amazing end products.
We need you to have knowledge in the following areas;
- Foundation CSS Framework
- Understanding of using Git in teams (we use bitbucket)
- Laravel 4 & 5
- Laravel Valet
- Problem-solving and debugging independently.
- Adobe XD
- Understanding of SEO principles related web development.
- LAMP/LEMP configurations
- Liniux Ubuntu and Mac Terminal commands
What we offer in return;
- The opportunity to be involved in a well-funded professional business and to directly influence the future success.
- We know that it’s not all about work which is why we are willing to offer half a day per month out of the office for you to do something you care about. This could be voluntary work, care work but must be giving back to society in an unpaid capacity.
- Flexible working – the usual working day starts around 9 and finishes around 5.30, but it’s nice sometimes not to worry about the commute or the appointment you need to leave slightly early for. We are prepared to let you work the hours that suit you best – within reason – and based upon achieving your KPIs.
- Innovation Days – once a quarter we will take one day away from the hustle and bustle of the office in an inspiring environment to improve our working practices. This is where you can directly impact and change the way you work.
Take a look at our Glassdoor page to read our current employees’ views on what it’s like to work for us too.