PHP Developer – Digital Allies
Salary – £25k – £35k depending on experience.
Could you be our next Digital Ally? What is an ally? A person or organisation that co-operates with, or helps another in a particular activity. To put this in context, we are looking for someone who has a passion to help organisations be as successful as possible with their websites and digital marketing efforts.
// Job Description
Because of our continued success, we are looking for an experienced web development professional who can maintain the high services levels we provide to our clients, ensuring deadlines are met on-time, within budget and to the high standards our clients have become accustomed to.
This position offers direct client relationship responsibilities along with hands-on development, offering a perfect step-up for a proven developer looking to broaden their skills and increased responsibilities.
// Company Info
Digital Allies is a digital marketing business with the emphasis on people. Our mission is to help business owners and senior managers make better informed digital decisions. We do this by providing them with impartial and pragmatic advice based on what’s best for the organisation instructing us.
We have delivered projects for well-known established organisations in Higher Education, Hospitality, ECommerce, Law and Public Sector. Demand has been fantastic and we are creating this role out of a need to expand our capacity.
The company is growing rapidly, and you can anticipate more responsibility and the opportunity to build on your skills considerably.
// The ideal candidate for this role;
– has at least 5 years php experience either in-house or agency.
– loves to code and has a genuine interest in the industry.
– has a broad knowledge of development across multiple front end and backend languages and can work on multiple platforms.
– don’t just code for a salary and enjoy keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
– takes great satisfaction in completing projects and helping clients.
– know how to speak to clients to understand requirements and doesn’t shy away from challenging work.
– are enthusiastic, motivated and are keen to become a helpful part of a busy growing team.
– doesn’t shy away from the unknown and understands the importance of meeting deadlines.
// What we need from you;
– to be able to write well designed, understandable, efficient code by using best development practices
– to be able to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
– help scope prospective projects with the sales team
– create and maintain documentation on development work
– keep clients up to date with the progress of the projects and get feedback on projects directly.
– use your knowledge of creating great websites to turn style guides and concepts into amazing end products
– keep time management and project management software up to date
// What we offer in return;
– the usual trappings such as competitive salary, holidays etc. but we offer more…read on.
– the opportunity to be involved in a well-funded professional business and to directly influence the future success.
– we know that it’s not all about work which is why we are willing to offer half a day per month out of the office for you to do something you care about. This could be voluntary work, care work but must be giving back to society in an unpaid capacity.
– flexible working – the usual working day starts around 9 and finishes around 5.30, but it’s nice sometimes not to worry about the commute or the appointment you need to leave slightly early for. We are prepared to let you work the hours that suit you best – within reason – and based upon achieving your KPIs.
– Remote working – sure we have a fantastic office where you’ll be based day-to-day which is great, but that’s not to say you must be there day in day out, it’s nice to have a change in environment occasionally. Should you wish, you can work from home some of the time too!
– Innovation Days – once a quarter we will take one day away from the hustle and bustle of the office in an inspiring environment to improve our working practices. This is where you can directly impact and change the way you work.
// We need you to have knowledge in the following areas;
– Foundation CSS Framework
– Understanding of using Git in teams (we use bitbucket)
– Laravel 4 & 5
– Problem solving and debugging independently.
– Adobe XD
// Very Desirable;
– Magento 2
– Laravel Valet
– Understanding of SEO principles related web development.
– LAMP/LEMP configurations
– Liniux Ubuntu and Mac Terminal commands
A portfolio of work is also desirable.
To Apply, please send your CV and portfolio of work to Matthew Bryson – Head Of Digital – email@example.com